Background

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pee in the potty!!! (If you are uncomfortable with potty language read no further!)

Well about a week ago we bought Aiva a little potty since she was beginning to show signs that it's potty training time.  We set it up and have told her that this is where her pee and poops go.  Other than that we have not done anything, mostly because I am overwhelmed with the thought of potty training and also because I have never trained anyone else and haven't the slightest idea what to do.  So, if anyone has any good suggestions or tips or books or programs that you like please send us the info!  Anyway, she often has wanted to sit on her potty and the first night we had it out she thought it was there for her to blow her nose it.  She would stand over it and blow.  =)  Luckily her runny nose is gone now.  This last Saturday she wanted to sit on it and had to strip down to nothing.  We read and looked at a couple of books while she sat there.  Next thing I saw was her pull her hands out and there was something dripping off them.  Daddy took her and washed her hands and I was so excited because there was pee in the potty!!!  We have always known that she is a smartee but we were so surprised that she did it so quickly!  We were not prepared and didn't have any treats or rewards ready, so we asked her what she would like to do.  Her response was to march upstairs and put herself down for a nap...  are we spolied parents or what!?!?!?!  The last couple of weeks she has been the one to determin when she naps and goes to bed.  If she is tired she will go up and try to climb into her crib.  Then after we put her in she lays down and has us tuck her in with her blanket, and if we do not leave fast enough she will stand up and say "bu-bye" and start closing the door.  She is just amazing!  Oh, yesterday Danny was putting her down for a nap and I had the video moniter (which I don't know what I would do without!).  Danny told her to look up at the camera and say hi to mommy.  So she looked up with the cutest and sweetest face and said, "aloow" (meaning "hello")  and just kept saying in over and over again.  I called Danny on his phone so I could say hello back which I think just kind of confused her because she didn't know where mommy was supposed to be.  Then she started looking at the door to see if I was there.  Anyway, she laid down and started falling asleep.  After maybe five or ten minutes I hear that cute little "aloow" again.  I looked at the moniter and she was staring straight through it saying hello to me and then was showing me Cookie Monster and her baby that she sleeps with.  She did it again today when she was going down for a nap and I am going to see if I can somehow record it when she does it again.  If I succeed and I post it on here be prepared to be blown away by the cuteness!!!


I would love to end this post by saying that Aiva has continued to use the potty and is fully trained and no longer in need of diapers but alas it has only been that once...  She has wanted to sit on it a few more times, but she gets distracted too easily to spend the time required.  I am not worried - I know if she did it once she will do it again and it was more than I had dreamed of this early on.  We are so proud of her though!!!


Just a picture to document the occasion.  I would have liked to have her in the picture but she was in too big of a hurry to get to her nap. =)


And this is just a picture I took today when she fell asleep watching "Caillou".

2 comments:

Chatzy said...

Hooray! I am so excited for you! It makes me hopefull that in one year Serena will be going in the potty! If I am lucky.

N+M Family said...

We used a movie called the potty movie it is just like the potty book, but it is so funny It worked on both of our kids.